Life calls for “A Good Foundation” when pursuing anything of value and longevity…… And your sew-in install is no exception to the rule.
Here’s a few things to consider when finding the RIGHT stylist for you install or during your DYI journey.
- The base (or foundation) of your hair should never be visible. When the wind blows, you only want luxurious locs flowing effortlessly, you never want you braids to be showing under your (hair) extension.
In order to add strength and volume to your natural braid you can add Kanekalon braiding hair. If you have a sensitive scalp, please use a braiding hair fiber that works for you. Some braiding hair may cause severe itching and allergic reactions that can cause redness, irritations, and bumps. If you’re unaware of how to fix this issue, WE GOT YOU BOO! Pre-washing your braiding hair can help stop irritation. Here are a few steps on how to get it done.
- Braid hair tighter than it comes out of the package
- Use an extra-large bowl or sink
- Use roughly 4 pints of warm water
- Combine roughly 3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar, Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar works best.
- Place the hair inside the water, lightly pat down to saturate the hair, let stand for 15 minutes, until a white residue rises
- Drain water, rinse and ring out hair
- Next create a warm bath for the hair combining a tablespoon of shampoo and then mix
- Place hair in the shampoo bath and gently wash being careful not to tangle hair (use a dunking motion)
- Rinse, ring out, and leave hair to dry
- We also recommend combining a netting weave cap (Donna Deluxe Black Weaving Nets) for added protection. The neat also plays a crucial role in how long your sew in will last. This technique not only acts as a protective barrier between your hair and extension wefts, it’s also used to get a tighter closer more seamless install.
We respect phenomenal stylists with a passion for excellence, and HUNI when we tell you that Rob Fooks is one PHENOMENON that we admire, BELIEVE US! He’s a master at seamless and flawless sew-ins. See his work above and below.
Rob completed a flawless sew-in with ONE of our Bigger Better 4.5oz Bundles. His client will not only experience effortless and free flowing versatility from wearing our organic beauty collection, but also maximum value with just one of our bundles, year after year! Rob LOVES HBW Extensions and so does his client!
Read more about why Just one of our 4.5 Ounce bundles from our Organic Beauty Collection will COMPLETE a flawless natural look. That is ultimate value you can’t find ANYWHERE else! One Bundle Of Our Hair Extensions For A FULL Install. Shop HBW Extensions today!